Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Lorelie, Etc.

The secret is out.  I love fabric.  One designer that I leap toward is Lorelie and her absolutely devine whimsical fabric choices.  At the annual Quilters/Craft Festival last January I came upon Lorelie's booth and I went wild with glee.  I not only purchased darling fabrics but I bought her two embroidery designs; one for cats, one for dogs. It is also no secret that I love to make lap quilts.  If I get into a quilt that is large, I am drawn to finish it but also drawn to the stacks of other projects I am anxious to start.  So, making smaller quilts is my bag.  Here is one of the sweet whimsical cats, embroideried in gold to coordinate with the fabrics I selected. 


Here you see a lap quilt featuring the embroidery cat designs.  So cute.



I do labels for the backs of all my quilts.


Here you see wonderful Lorelie florals mixed with embroidery designs from another embroidery CD with a Paris theme.  This small lap throw was gifted to my friend Cathy ... she and her husband went to Paris a few years back and she was delighted to get my Paris quilt.


Distorted photo but nonetheless it captures the cute whimsical and very colorful cats from the Lorelei line.  This quilt just left with my friend Jean and her husband Ed who were my visitors for a few days.


 I have a lot of Lorelei fabrics left to create with so stay tuned.  And if you did not see them before, please scroll down to the Card Camp at Pat's house a few weeks ago.  She made THE cutest greeting cards using some of the Lorelie fabrics.

Here is my first Dresden Plate quilt.  Lots of boo-boos on this because I applied the Dresden design to the white block and then sized the block 2 inches out from the Dresden point.  My bad... My friend Yvonne who did a Dresden said she sized the block and then put the design on it and that created a nice uniform block.  My mistake was not realizing that the points on each of the Dresden designs did not lay the same so 2 inches on one block was not 2 inches on another.  I had to resize some of the blocks and needless to say this quilt will remain here with me, boo-boos and all... and next time I will know what not to do.  Still, the colors are pretty, doncha think?


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carole these are so pretty. Love the kitty quilt. The colors are so cozy. Makes me want to curl up with a quilt and drink hot chocolate. (Forgot to tell you, I like Legends)

Brenda said...

Wow these are amazing lap quilts Carol! They are so beautiful and colorful. The pictures that are embroidered on are so fun and cute. I just love them all! Hugs Brenda

1CardCreator said...

All your quilts are gorgeous, so glad you are enjoying your time sewing. ~Diane

DonnaMundinger said...

OMG, KITTIES! I love the KITTIES! I also happen to love Lorelie and actually have some of her kitty fabric I bought when Enfys was making cards with it. I've made one. LOL Your quilts ROCK! xxD