Saturday, November 09, 2013

Sewing Stuff

These are a few of my favorite things.  (sounds like a song, doesn't it?)... I have so much fabric and I never throw even the smallest piece away.  The photo below shows some little pouches, a credit card purse, and an eyeglass pouch.  Great little projects. 
 More coasters...the in the hoop kind in the dark green and the black with polka dots, some crocheted coasters and a few tissue cozies. For each ITH coaster, it only requires two 5x5 pieces of fabric.  The little tissue cozy requires a piece of fabric 6x9.  Easy peasy stuff.
 I bought an applique/embroidery CD for some fun sewing.  There are 10 little zoo animal faces that have a little fabric and a little embroidery.  I made those into cute little totes for some children to carry.
 My friend Kim called, very excited that she had seen a cute little lollipop tote on a Pinterest page.  She needed some of my supplies to make some and while she was on her way over, I whipped up one just to see how they were designed.  For my rendition, this is simply a strip of brown paper with score marks.... a Nestie embossed oval mount, a scallop circle punch, a smaller scallop punch for the turkey face, and a flower Sizzix flower die cut for the background feathers.... a little beak fussy cut and some googly eyes and there you have it.  At the top I scored a half inch and a small punched hole in the center.  The sucker goes into the 'slot' and the stick goes into the hole, the flat is folded over and secured. He's a little wonky, the beak is off center because I slam dunked the design.  Cute...
Can't wait for Thanksgiving to arrive.  My son and darling daughter in law and their sweet dog Daisy come to visit.
Thanks for stopping by.

6 comments:

mickeydee said...

My goodness, you have been a busy girl! All of your projects are super cute. I get compliments all of the time on my sweet Carole items..........I'll be taking my tote to chemo on Tuesday....dianne

Sandi said...

wow wow wow, you are busy girl and such amazing creations, I know you will enjoy Thanksgiving, I shared one of your pouches On my visit and it was so admired, you are the best, hugs

Anonymous said...


You make the sweetest projects. They are all so thoughtful. Enjoy your Thanksgiving with your son and "daughter". I bet they're very thankful for you.

Jayne said...

Wonderful projects Carole...you are such a busy lady! Enjoy Thanksgiving with your son and DIL.
Hugs
Jayne x

Janice said...

Carole, love looking at your ITH designs. I love paper crafting/sewing/embroidery as well. My paper crafting has kind of taken a backseat while I return to my original craft...sewing. Just recently got an embroidery machine. So much fun. I enjoy seeing your creations. Thanks for sharing, Janice

1CardCreator said...

Great work Carole, wish I could sew! Enjoy your time with the kids. ~Diane